This recipe generates pleasant memories for me. I’ve modified a recipe that was passed on to me by a Japanese lady who runs an amazing kitchen. Thanks Junko!
½ cup veggie mince
1 tomato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 stalk escallion, chopped
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 spring thyme
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp honey/sugar
2 boullion cubes
½ tsp jerk seasoning
½ cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the eggplants into bite-sized pieces and soak in water for about 10 minutes.
2. Re-hydrate veggie mince in hot water (follow package directions).
3. Heat oil in a pan then stir-fry onion, garlic, escallion, ginger, tomato, and thyme.
4. Drain eggplant then add to pan along with veggie mince.
5. Add curry powder and coat mince and veggies evenly.
6. Add soy sauce, ketchup, honey, boullion, jerk seasoning, and water.
7. Simmer on low heat for 5-minutes.
8. Put on medium heat until water evaporates to a thick sauce.
Serve with rice, your favourite pasta, or garlic bread.