The end of 2015 is just around the corner and vibrant beginnings await all of us. With 40 days left to wrap up your unfinished business, and line things up for a fresh new page, are you positioning yourself for living a simpler, more significant and satisfying life?
The end of the year is usually filled with festive events, a mood of celebration, anticipation and gratitude (especially if you encounter lots of wrapping paper 😉 – LOL). But, then the first few days of the new year go by and you slump into the normalcy you floated in for most of the previous year: responsibilities, busyness, exhaustion, boredom and occasional moments to celebrate. But, is it possible to really get more out of a new year? Is it really possible to accomplish great things and create a more vibrant existence than you are accustomed to?
“We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.” ― Earl Nightingale
Some people are approaching the end of this year with overwhelming gratitude because of the things they had started the year aiming for and eventually accomplished.
Some people are approaching the end of this year filled with awe because of the goals they had set and surpassed! Their accomplishments exceeded their expectations and now they have a new perspectives on what’s possible.
The difference between these people and the people who have been living on the same level for years – no changes: same girl, same problems – is one word: PLAN. I don’t mean, “thinking about”, “would like to” or “daydreaming”. I mean intentional living. They made a vision of what they want, decided on the goals that lead up to that vision becoming a reality and then stayed focused on doing all that’s necessary to see it come true. They made a plan of action and worked it!
In the next 40 days, you have the opportunity to reflect on your life: where you are now, where you thought you would have and where you want to be. It’s a good time to daydream a little – think big and ignore the limits you have lived within and pick a goal. Yes! One goal. Think of the one thing that would mean the most to you if you could be, do, or have it. It could fit into any of the 7 areas of wellness in your life:
- Physical e.g. eating habits, exercise, haircare, skincare.
- Spiritual e.g. life purpose, practising compassion, service to others, spiritual disciplines.
- Emotional e.g. forgiveness, self-acceptance, gratitude practice, authenticity.
- Intellectual e.g. reading daily, course of study, personal development habits, skills.
- Social e.g. community involvement, hobbies, top 5 friends, a mentor.
- Occupational e.g. building expertise, entrepreneurship, time management, money management.
- Environmental e.g. home decluttering, backyard gardening, relocation, home ownership.
The examples are just ideas to help you think about the areas of your life that need to be more vibrant. The ist isn’t exhausted and you could always think of something else to work on that I haven’t mentioned.
But, the main point is that, you can have a 2016 filled with dreams that come true if you don’t leave things to chance. You can build those habits you have been admiring from a far if you decide that it is important enouh to deserve your focus and commitment. You can begin your new chapter of life today! Just start by thinking about your ideals and choosing one thing to master next year.
You will have the next 40 days to:
- Research all that you need to make it happen
- Enlist all the support you will need to not give up
- Layout the steps you will take to succeed
- Find all the motivational tools to pump you up when you get deflated
2016 is just around the corner and vibrant beginnings await all of us.
Are you ready to position yourself for living a simpler, more significant and satisfying life?